There are countless ways to use essential oils, and ever since I was exposed to doTerra at the beginning of the year it has been so much fun for me to experiment and find more ways to use these incredible oils.
So, I decided to share a couple of ways I use the oils into my everyday life. Every oil has multiple purposes and loads of benefits. These are just a handful of oils and only a small portion of ways that I have implemented them into my life.
My morning routine
- DoTerra HD Clear Foaming Face Wash; This face wash has been so amazing on my skin. I use it every morning (as well as every night). I get a fresh clean feeling without my skin being left feeling too dry or oily.
- Frankincense; I add one to two drops of frankincense to my non-scented face lotion, and apply it to my face and neck every morning (and night). If you haven’t yet read my previous post about “How Frankincense Changed My Life”
- Motivate and On Guard: Not only do these oil blends smell amazing, they are a great way to stay the day. In my house my roommate and I have a couple diffusers, so in our living room diffuser we add 3-4 drops of motivate to give us a boost to start the day. Before essential oils I was having sinus infections and respiratory infections just about every month (no fun), so now I start every morning with a couple drops of On Guard in the diffuser in my room. Since using On Guard my sinus infections have stopped! Which is beyond amazing to me.
My nightly routine
- DoTerra HD Clear Foaming Face Wash; same as my morning routine just at night, because falling asleep with a fresh clean face is amazing.
- Frankincense; one to two drops in my facial lotion.
- Tea Tree Oil; My skin tends to be acne prone even though I’m in my twenties. At night if I feel a blemish coming on I’ll apply a drop of tea tree oil to the spot. Also 10 drops of tea tree oil can be added with 10 drops of lavender, 5 drops of rosemary and 3 drops of lemon for a blemish spot treatment.
- Peppermint and Lavender; I add two drops of peppermint and three drops of lavender to my diffuser at night to not only relax me, but the peppermint helps with my sinus problems and really helps my breathing at night. You can also substitute peppermint for the Breathe blend. I’ll often do this from time to time if I feel the sniffles coming on.
- Lemon; lemon is an amazing all around cleaner. I have been using lemon as a surface cleaner after getting this cleaning recipe from work. In a spray bottle add alcohol, witch hazel and about 20 drops of lemon. Feel free to add eucalyptus or mint for extra smell.
- Wild Orange; Aside from smelling great wild orange is great as a kitchen grease cleaner. I’ll add a few drops to either the surface I’m cleaning or to a rag and just wipe the grease away! It’s that simple!
- Breathe; Every couple of weeks I’ll diffuse the Breathe blend in all of the diffusers in the house to clean out the air, and aid everyone respiratory systems.
- Lavender, Frankincense, Rose; Adding this blend to a diffuser is great after a long stressful day. The blend helps with anxiety and calming nerves.
- AromaTouch; Is amazing to massage into your muscles after a long day or if you have stress build up in your neck and back. I’ll rub this blend into my neck after a long day and let it take care of the rest.
- Lemon and Wild Orange; Ever since I was little I have struggled with low blood sugar problems. Every morning I will wake up feeling weak and light headed until I eat a meal, and even then sometimes the lightheaded feeling doesn’t go away. I started adding one drop of Lemon and one drop of Wild Orange into my water routine and it has helped me tremendously. Even just adding one to two drops of Lemon to my water has helped and tastes so yummy.